* Active Time: 20 minutes
* Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
4 Gala or Braeburn apples (2 lb), peeled, cored and sliced about 1⁄4 in. thick
2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries (from 12-oz pkg)
1⁄3 cup maple syrup or pancake syrup
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp apple pie spice
8 reduced-fat pecan shortbread cookies (Pecan Sandies)
1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 1 1⁄2-qt. shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Toss apple slices, frozen raspberries, maple syrup, cornstarch, vanilla and spice in large bowl. Evenly spread into prepared baking dish; cover with foil.
3. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil, crumble shortbread cookies on top and sprinkle with pecans. Bake uncovered 10 minutes more or until fruit is tender and mixture is bubbly.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream, if desired.