Last nights dinner was this Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp and it was delicious! Our wasn't too spicy but it will depend on the curry paste you get. This is also just a two serving recipe and was perfectly portioned for two. We put this over brown rice and served a side of snow peas. Enjoy!
2 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
* 1 teaspoon canola oil
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 teaspoon red curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1/3 cup light coconut milk
* 2 teaspoons fish sauce
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and curry paste to pan, and sauté 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar; sauté 15 seconds. Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Stir in coconut milk and fish sauce; cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in green onions and basil.
David Bonom, Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 2008