We had some friends over for dinner during the week and this quick and delicious meal is what we served. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and it was truly yummy! The smokiness and heat from the peppers were just great. The steak was also delicious! The Other Williams mixed up some chipotle mayo to go along with this and to kick the heat up for those that liked more heat. We served this with a Southwestern Salsa.
This would also make for a killer fancy picnic. Pair with a nice red wine and tah-dah!
* 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce
* ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
* ½ teaspoon garlic powder
* ½ teaspoon onion powder
* ½ teaspoon ground cumin
* 2 pounds flat iron steaks
* 6-12 (depending on size) good sandwich rolls
* 1 avocado, sliced
1. Stir together the paprika, salt, sugar, chili powder, chipotle sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin in a small bowl until blended. Rub the seasoning mix all over the flat iron steaks, then wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 8 hours (the longer the better).
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
3. Cook the steaks on the preheated grill until cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes in a warm location before slicing.
4) Assemble sandwiches on roll with desired condiments.
Chicken with Southwestern Salsa