Terri had a leftover cooked chicken that we really needed to do something with this week in the freezer. So my brilliant wife came up with chicken salad. This Chicken Salad recipe really knocked our socks off. It was so tasty and I've really been enjoying my lunches this week! The pineapple is a different twist on the traditional grapes although next time we'll add the grapes also. Over all two big thumbs up!
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 4 eggs
* 1 red apple, diced
* 3 green onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
* 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* Fajita seasoning to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add chicken and cook until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink inside, approximately 20 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
2. Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and slice.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, sliced eggs, apple, onions, relish, mayonnaise, celery, pineapple (with just a little juice for flavor), cilantro, pecans and fajita seasoning to taste.