I had some leftover icing from the halloween cupcakes and I wasn't really sure what to do with it. I finally decided to make a sugar sandwich cookie and they came out quite lovely and very tasty.
* 1 cup margarine
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tub icing
1. Cream the margarine and add the sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
2. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt gradually to the creamed mixture, stirring in by hand. Cover and chill dough overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Roll dough into small balls then flatten on baking sheet. Cookie should be able 1-2 in
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookie has a golden appearance and edges are just starting to brown.
6) Cool on wire rack.
7) Once cookie is completely cool, ice one side with the frosting and top with similar sized cookie.