Kicking off our Holiday Party Series with this delicious and easy to prepare Pimento Cheese & Bacon Crostini's. They were a hit at our party this weekend. Just about everything can be prepped ahead of time and it's easy to assemble before a party. Enjoy!
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus 2 hr chilling
SERVINGS: Makes 3 cups or 40 crostini
1. 2 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
2. 2 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp orange cheddar cheese
3. One 7-ounce jar pimientos, drained and finely chopped
4. 3/4 cup mayonnaise
5. 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
7. Cayenne pepper
8. 40 slices baguette, toasted
9. 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
1. In a mixer fitted with the paddle, combine the white and orange cheddar cheeses. Add the chopped pimentos, mayonnaise, black pepper and garlic powder; blend at low speed. Season the pimento cheese with cayenne pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 400° Spread the pimento cheese on the toasts, top with the bacon and bake until the cheese is melted and browned, about 2 minutes. Serve.
The pimento cheese can be prepared through step 1 and refrigerated for up to 3 days.