We've done this recipe several times and it's always a hit! Kids, adults, picky eaters all will love this one. We always come home with an empty tray.
- 1 (17 1/4-oz) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup (4oz) Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup deli ham (Black Forest) finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions.
- Heat oven 400 F. Unfold pastry sheets. Using a pastry cutter or knife, cut each sheet into 1 1/2-inch squares. Place on baking sheets.
- In small bowl combine egg and water. Brush tops of pastry squares. Bake for 9-13 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool Completely.
- In medium bowl combine all filling ingredients. With a small serrated knife, split each square horizontally. Fill with about 1 tsp of filling mixture.
Makes 72 appetizers.