We call it the power breakfast Panini because its loaded with good stuff for you! We're talking lots of protein, carbs, and greens! So this is excellent for a weekend when you'll be working in the yard, or cycling, running, or hiking. This sandwich will stay with you and provide you with the energy needed for an active day.
But don't think it's just for special occasions. This would be a great lunch also!
Here's what we do. Take the cast iron grill pan and put it on the stove top and oil it up with a touch of olive oil so it doesn't stick. Next turn the burn on med and let it heat up. Add sammich. Place heavy cast iron skillet on top of sammich. In 3-5 mins flip sammich and add the cast iron pan back on top for another 3-5 minutes.
Here's what went into our Power Breakfast Panini:
- 2 slices Multi-grain bread
- 1 egg, fried with the yoke broken and cooked
- Schmeer of Mayo on one slice of bread
- Schmeer of Dijon Mustard on the other slice of bread
- 2 tbsp Cheese, finely grated (we used goat gouda but swiss would also work nicely)
- 1 slice of ham
- 4 large leaves of arugula, sliced and added after sammich has been cooked