This is a fresh, delicious, and healthy side dish! We tried this with some pork cutlets the other night and loved it. The little crunch of the fresh green beans and the yummy little surprise kick of the cilantro really makes this an outstanding side with anything! Give it a try!
8 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
* 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 1/2 cups diced red potato
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add potato, celery, salt, and beans; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup water; cover and cook 5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Add cilantro and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in peppers.