OK, people, listen up! This dish is in the running for one of my favorites! Do you see all the exclamation marks? We've dubbed this dish Adult Beanie Weanies! It tastes just like beanie weanies and although I won't go so far as to say it's healthy, it is healthiER than traditional beanie weanies because of the added grean beans and veggies.
But don't get me wrong, it's totally the Kelibasa that's the star here. I mean, come on, it's Kelibasa!
This was a super quick fix meal that can be done in a slow cooker and it could be frozen for a quick re-heat, which we have done.
We also felt like this would make a great camping dinner and work beautifully in the dutch oven over some coals. We're hoping to test that theory soon. So, basically this might be the best dish ever!
Oh and kids, they might just love you for this one!
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
* 2 cups frozen cut green beans
* 1 pound Kelibasa or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
* 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1. In a slow cooker, layer carrots, onion, lima beans, green beans, sausage and baked beans. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour over beans. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving.
2. For the stove top just throw everyone in a pot on med-high heat until everything is warmed through. Everything in this recipe is already cooked so your just warming them together.